Lead Associate-Uniquely KU West- KU Bookstore
Are you looking for a Full time position in a fun, dynamic working environment? If so, look no further come be a part of the KU Bookstore team. We are looking for phenomenal people like you, to join our family. You will be working at our newest location Uniquely KU West, located at 6th and Wakarusa.
- Supervises daily operations of Uniquely KU. Ensures proper money management. Ensures accurate system information to aid in
ordering and inventory control. Works directly with GM Department to maintain proper inventory levels. Ensures strategic product rotation to keep selection current and appealing. Transfers product between stores based on inventory levels and sales reports.
- Ensures staff provides excellent customer service and is well-trained on register operational procedures. Observes and coaches to customer service opportunities.
- Supervises part-time staff; responsible for scheduling and training, and assists in hiring. Resolves issues involving unscheduled absences. Monitors attendance and compliance with HR and store policies.
- Maintains organization throughout the sales floor and stockroom areas. Effectively prioritizes and communicates daily tasks. Plans for fluctuations in traffic and adjusts staffing levels accordingly.
- Responsible for resolving issues involving the daily operations of the location. Promptly resolves concerns involving employee
appearance, safety and security, maintenance, etc. Communicates issues with the Retail Operations Manager and partners on resolutions, as needed.
- Build strong relationships and grow partnerships with building management and area businesses. Serves as Bookstore Ambassador
and liaison to Memorial Unions. Attends meetings and events as appropriate and reports back to the Retail Operations Manager on any events or support needed.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
General knowledge of office machines
Knowledge of general mathematics
Work with the public in a retail sales situation
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to do moderately heavy lifting
Operate a ten-key calculator
Cash Handling and can make change accurately.
Skills to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers.
High School graduate.
Previous experience in retail merchandising and supervising personnel.
Experience with computerized business applications.
Verifiable skills in quality customer service.
Previous experience in the retail apparel industry.
Experience with hiring and training sales associates.
Benefits of working for the K.U. Memorial Unions
We want K.U. Dining teammates with a dedication to success and we will provide you with the opportunities necessary
to improve your skills. Discover why our teammates love coming to work every single day. We believe you will find a home where you can grow with us. Check out some of our employee benefits below:
- Paid Sick/Vacation leave
- Paid holidays - if you work on a holiday to meet business needs, you can save it to use later
- Free meal every single day that you work
- Retirement plan - employer matching contributions
- Exciting wellness plan
- Employer sponsored medical/dental insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Promotional opportunities
- KU ID that gives you access to the university libraries and local bus systems
Please submit a resume and cover letter with application. Full time employment with the Union Corporation is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check prior to being able to begin work.
This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus.
The University of Kansas Memorial Unions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the corporation’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by corporation policy. The Director of Human Resources has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and can be contacted at email@example.com.