Lead Custodial Worker - Burge Union
Compensation: $12.09 - $13.79 per hour commensurate upon experience plus excellent benefits
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 2:30pm-11pm or as operational demands indicate
The Memorial Union is a fun and innovative place to work. We are looking for a custodian to join our team! We will provide you with ongoing
opportunities necessary to improve your skills. Check out some of our employee benefits below:
- Paid Sick/Vacation leave
- Paid holidays - working on holidays is in your past, spend them with friends and family
- Retirement savings plan - employer paid contributions
- Exciting wellness plan
- Medical/dental insurance
- Free life insurance
- KU ID that gives you access to the local bus systems
As a custodial lead, you will directly supervisor 2-3 part-time staff and guide them to success. We want you to have pride in your buildings and to find fulfillment in your role with us.
We are looking for someone who is capable of taking initiative to see to the general upkeep of the building and to guide their team to success. Your typical day with us in this role would involve the following functions.
- Custodial: Responsible for the evening custodial duties at the Frank R. Burge Union. Sweeps and mops floors; dusts and cleans offices, meeting rooms and other work areas; cleans floors; polishes furniture; collects and removes waste; washes walls and windows; cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies as needed.
- Supervisory: Supervise evening part-time custodial staff to assure evening custodial functions are completed to expectations.
- Set-Up: Manage meeting room set-ups and tear downs per the daily event schedule.
- Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- High School graduation.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, tools, and practices involved in cleaning and housekeeping. Proven by 1-2 years experience in housekeeping and/or custodial duties.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Some previous supervisory experience.
- Experience in a housekeeping or custodial role in a large facility.
- Familiarity with the University of Kansas.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with application. Full time employment with the Union Corporation is contingent upon satisfactory
completion of a background check prior to being able to begin work.
This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus.
The University of Kansas Memorial Unions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the corporation’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by
corporation policy. The Director of Human Resources has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.