Lead Supervisor - South Dining Commons - KU Dining
Compensation: $14.66 - $17.06 per hour commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits
Work Schedule: Hours Vary
Join our award-winning KU Dining team for an excellent work environment with phenomenal benefits. As a Lead Supervisor you will serve as
the primary resource and senior professional for up to 12 full-time and over 25 part-time employees. You will maintain departmental policies on guest satisfaction, product quality, food handling, ordering, inventory, hiring, disciplinary procedures, and cash variances. Provide ongoing training to ensure we provide positive guest service while maintaining a positive attitude and ongoing support toward your staff.
1. Financial Accountability: Take a direct role in planning and executing business needs for your dining department. This includes everything from customer service, sanitation, food production, staffing, merchandising, menus, and inventory control.
2. Leadership: Maintain accurate records of your employee's performance and attendance issues. Assign staff to work stations and review their work for adherence to standards. Showcase a teamwork mentality and guest first attitude with a willingness to directly participate in operating duties as required.
3. Marketing: We want you to take pride in the special event nights you help plan and execute for students. Additionally you are responsible for ensuring that food is prepared and displayed in an appealing manner and that all signage in your unit is current and accurate.
4. Communication: We trust you to positively interact with customers and coworkers. Follow up on any concerns brought to your attention whether it is from coworkers, guests, or equipment maintenance and repair.
5. Quality Management: We are looking for someone who will help research and develop menu items to include at our dining units. Ensure that staff are following all recipes and adhering to proper cooking and holding temperatures.
6. Collaboration: Exhibit tact and consideration in every interaction, offering assistance and support to co-workers. Excel in group situations and work together quickly and actively to resolve conflicts. Show up every single day with a positive outlook and pleasant manner.
Required Knowledge Abilities & Skills
1. Working knowledge of Kansas sanitation requirements for food production and product storage.
2. Ability to oversee, train and evaluate employees in their job performance aiming for fast and efficient customer service.
3. Ability to work a flexible and erratic schedule and to accept the physical requirements, lifting up to 40 lbs., walking, stooping and bending.
4. Ability to assume operational responsibility for total operations in absence of manager.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Previous food service experience in a dynamic, high volume operation.
3. Previous supervisory experience and ability to effectively supervise a diverse staff.
4. Previous customer service experience.
5. Previous experience operating a point of sale cash register system.
1. Some combination of retail sales, customer service, supervision and/or management in a food service operation.
Benefits of working for the K.U. Memorial Unions
We want K.U. Dining teammates with a dedication to success and we will provide you with the opportunities necessary to improve your skills. Discover why our associates love coming to work every single day. We believe you will find a home where you can grow with us. Check out some of our employee benefits below:
- Paid Sick/Vacation leave
- Paid holidays - working on holidays is in your past, spend them with friends and family
- Free meal every single day that you work
- Retirement plan - employer matching contributions
- Exciting wellness plan
- Employer sponsored medical/dental insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Promotional opportunities
- KU ID that gives you access to the university libraries and local bus systems
Please submit a resume and cover letter with application. Full time employment with the Union Corporation is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a back ground check prior to being able to begin work.
This position is eligible for a employee referral bonus.
The University of Kansas Memorial Unions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the corporation’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by corporation policy. The Director of Human Resources has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.